Covive is growing and we are recruiting friendly and talented people who share our values. If you think your profile and experience would strengthen our team please get in touch, we want to hear from you!
Job Title: Community Support
Location: Mexico City
About the company. Covive is a home-sharing service that offers private rooms, previously furnished with all services included, help desk with response in less than 48 hours and access to shared areas (kitchen, dining room, living room, laundry center, etc.). We design the spaces and the service with the purpose of promoting coexistence among the inhabitants: so that they go from being strangers to companions and ideally friends. We are an agile, dynamic and growing startup. You can read more about our values and our philosophy, and meet the rest of the team in this link.
Why do we do it?
How do we do it?
What do we offer?
We want to change the model of urban living towards one that celebrates the human essence of sharing, through a more enjoyable and sustainable lifestyle.
We design so that the process of sharing spaces, experiences and resources is something that is done for pleasure (and not out of necessity).
A home stay service in a network of houses designed so that sharing is living more with less, where a diverse group of people can live together in harmony.
General purpose of the position. The Community Support person is in charge of the care of the inhabitants and that the experience of the inhabitants in the shared houses of Covive is a trigger for good coexistence. We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional person, with experience in hospitality and/or customer service. We are looking for someone with a strong desire to promote community and sustainable living in the Covive network of houses.
This position has a priority role in Inhabitants and Community Care, but it is also a role of close collaboration with operations, administration and sales.
Tasks in Community Support include:
- Welcoming new inhabitants.
- Ensure they know their Home Guide
- Present them in the Home and Community Whatsapp groups.
- Ensure that they arrive safely in their room and respond to their requests for help.
- Organise their welcoming ritual (cakes to share).
- Respond to incoming requests for help in the ticketing system and the Community help chat.
- Respond in a timely and clear manner to the solution of help requests (tickets) from the Community in coordination with the Maintenance, Administration or Community area, depending on the request. The principles of attention of Covive include a fast and friendly response by phone, platform or in person.
- Organise monthly community activities.
- Organise the community ritual of the villagers' birthdays.
- Saying goodbye to departing inhabitants:
- Dismiss them from the Home and Community Whatsapp groups.
- Ask them to leave a testimonial and an evaluation of their stay in Covive
- Organise their farewell ritual
- Support the efforts of the Community Area to promote good coexistence in the homes.
Collaborative tasks with operations, administration and sales include:
- With the Operations team ensure that visits by maintenance staff are made with prior notice to residents.
- With the Sales Manager ensure that the guided tours (physical or virtual) conducted by the Sales Manager are carried out with prior notice to the inhabitants and with a harmonious and well-maintained house.
- With the Head of Administration to support communication with inhabitants for timely collection.
Covive is looking to grow more than 10x its room inventory in the next year. We are looking to recruit someone who wants to grow with us, being interested from the beginning in developing processes that improve the inhabitant/customer experience and allow us to scale. The ideal person for this position is someone who loves cities and wants to contribute to transforming the housing industry in Mexico. Has experience in operations, hospitality and/or customer service. Believes in the importance of diversity, inclusion and respect among equals and differences, as well as the importance of the above to generate community. You must be able to adapt to an entrepreneurial environment that is constantly evolving and eager to grow as the company scales. We are looking for someone who is proactive, with the ability to maintain a balance between the important and the urgent in an environment of uncertainty; who has creative and pragmatic thinking. The position requires you to be comfortable and relaxed in stressful situations, with the ability to find and execute solutions to problems. Your priority tasks will be related to the operation, care and scaling of the Covive Community in Mexico City.
This vacancy is an opportunity for a person who is passionate about hospitality and customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, hotel management, real estate management, business administration, operations or similar.
- Minimum 6 months experience in positions with similar responsibilities in hospitality, hotel/airbnb/apartment operations and customer service.
Skills and tools
- We are looking for profiles with good English (written and spoken). Half of the selection process (exercise and interview) will be in English.
- Good interpersonal skills, good verbal skills and empathy.
- Good spelling and writing skills.
- Very well organised and able to multi-task across different projects and priorities.
- Ability to work independently, proactive but effective in asking questions and asking for help when needed.
- Ease of use of Whatsapp and Zoho Desk (customer service software).
- Use of Google WorkSpace tools: Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- Working hours
- Monday to Friday full time. On special occasions, some hours on Saturdays.
- Working hours of 8 hours per day. For example, 9:30 am to 6:30 pm with one hour for lunch or 9:30 am to 7 pm with one and a half hours for lunch.
- 6 days of annual leave valid after the expiry of the first working month following the signing of this contract, with increments in accordance with the relevant law.
- Financial remuneration
- Payment by payroll card every fortnight.
- Monthly salary: depending on experience and skills.
- Legal benefits
- IMSS and INFONAVIT contributions.
- Vacation bonus of 25%.
- 30 days of Christmas bonus.
- Recruitment time
- 3 months probationary period, after the third month an indefinite contract is granted.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org using "Community Support Vacancy" as the subject of your email. Please attach your CV and a detailed explanation of why you are interested in the vacancy.